Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
One of the most important rules you learn growing up is the importance of taking care of your skin. Grandmothers, mothers and aunts alike always instill that soft skin is extremely important as you grow older. Our faces can take a lot of heat (literally) and sometimes we forget how precious our own skin is. As life goes on, our skin changes. But why wait until then? Start nourishing now! Whether you have dry, oily or combination skin, it is important that you keep up with it. Aging, sunshine and wind all play roles in the deterioration of your skin, yet just the simple step of moisturizing can make a huge difference in your everyday life. But why? Read these five important reasons why it is important to balance and replenish your skin!
- Moisturizing reduces your chances of skin problems in the future – By adding a layer of moisture to your ever-changing face, you are allowing balance. When your skin is too dry or too oily, you’re leaving room for blemishes and acne to grow. Keep your skin clean, but remember to keep it hydrated as well! After cleaning your face, moisturize!
- Helps your skin stay young – The skin on your face, ears, chest and neck are constantly replacing skin cells every single day, so help to nourish the sensitive parts of your body. Want skin soft as a baby’s? Moisturizing daily can give you that soft skin you’ve been craving for years. Start now, thank us later.
- Fights wrinkles – Have wrinkles? Moisturizing daily can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and even prevent future wrinkles! If your skin is dehydrated, all of your lines will show. So hydrate your face! Feel that extra plump when applying moisturizer? That’s supposed to happen! According to leading dermatologists, properly moisturized skin accumulate wrinkles at only a fraction of the rate at those with dry skin, so replenish!
- Reduces your blemishes – Moisturizers add a thin layer to your skin, evening existing blemishes. Ingredients in facial cleansers such as salicylic acid can clean dirt and makeup well, but will also dry your face out way too much. Use moisturizers right after you cleanse! You can even find moisturizers with your color skin tones that can keep you moisturized and looking like you just put on a fresh layer of makeup!
- You add a layer of protection for your skin – We all love a hot shower, but the heat can strip away moisture and leaves your skin dry. Apply moisturizer right after the shower and protect your face from the day! Also, a lot of moisturizers have SPF in them, allowing you to feel safe when you are outside in the sunshine, while replenishing your face with the nourishment it deserves.
Keeping up an extensive and vigorous skin regime every day can be overwhelming, but moisturizing will get you a long way! Don’t forget to choose a moisturizer that relates to not only your skin type, but your surroundings! There’s a huge difference when it comes to hot and cold atmospheres when your skin is involved. We sell a ton of great skin moisturizers, like Jergens, Clinique, Annayake and many more! Don’t be discouraged if you have a special skin type – do your research and save yourself from blemishes and wrinkles! Keep your skin bright and soft and feel great about your face!